● The census counts every person living in the United States, regardless of age or citizenship status, every 10 years in years ending in 0.
● It’s in the Constitution.
● It’s about money, power, and data.
● Every 10 years we help decide how taxpayer dollars come back to our communities.
●The 2020 Census will help to distribute billions of dollars in federal resources to your community.
● Our community receives resources based on census population counts, those resources help pay for hospitals, emergency services, schools, roads, and more.
● An accurate and complete census helps businesses; community leaders and elected officials make informed decisions every day.
● For the first time, people can respond online and by phone, in addition to the mail-in option. Your response impacts funding for your community for critical services for the next 10 years.
● The next decennial census happens in 2030. It’s safe and confidential
● Your data is protected and it’s confidential. Federal law protects your responses, which cannot be shared with law enforcement, immigration agencies, or housing authorities.